About Our Campus
Victor Valley Community College uplifts the diverse communities we teach and serve by promoting educational excellence, enhancing local prosperity, and ensuring environmental leadership.
As a student-centered learning organization, we will uphold the following core values:
- Excellence - providing superior service and educational learning opportunities
- Integrity - guiding the college's actions with an internally consistent framework of principles
- Accessibility - facilitating access to the college's programs from other locations
- Diversity - valuing different points of view and contributions of all
- Collaboration - encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge experience and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal
Innovation- providing creative approaches to learning problem solving and growth
The mission of Victor Valley Community College is to:
- Cultivate intellectual growth, social responsibility, environmental stewardship, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
- Create exceptional and accessible lifelong learning opportunities that afford students within our expanding communities the attainment of knowledge and skills necessary for success in the global economy.
- Embrace difference in our communities by integrating their wealth of multicultural knowledge and wisdom into a cohesive and resourceful learning environment for all.
- Inspire innovative teaching and service with imaginative uses of collaboration and technology, fostering vibrant programs that are measurably effective in addressing student learning and community needs.
Empower each student to learn by modeling academic integrity, democratic citizenship, and meaningful contribution to society.
The goals of Victor Valley Community College are to:
- Create sustainability and environmental stewardship for our colleagues, our students, and our community.
- Become an agile learning organization consistent with the needs of students and the communities that the college serves.
- Offer educational programs that lead to meaningful and measurable student learning and success through seamless transfer opportunities to colleges, universities, and careers.
- Increase the number of students served through recruitment, persistence, and retention strategies.
- Provide affordable and attractive options for members of the community seeking a post secondary education, which includes an environment in which diversity thrives.
- Develop and deliver enriching courses for community members and businesses seeking additional training and development.